[vbox-dev] Preview Mode and other features

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Thu Jul 29 13:13:29 GMT 2010

On Thursday 29 July 2010, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> Just compiled VBox v3.3 pre-Alpha r31163 on RHEL5 host.
>
> 1. Preview Mode in is nice, but maybe it would be even better to have
> it in MS VirtualPC 2007 style? (i.e. have all VMs show it)
> I definitely like the MS style preview.
>
> 2. Why Native KDE file dialogs were disabled?

This is due to a KDE/Qt bug. Read here:

  http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/6809

> 3. In last releases (VBox 3.1/3.2)  in your SVN commits you use term
> such as "New Core". What does it refer to?

Here it means the new GUI core which is capable of multiscreen etc.
This new code is enabled as of VBox 3.2.0.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Werkstrasse 24                     Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:frank.mehnert at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande