[vbox-dev] seamless taskbar integration

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:12:16 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Huihong Luo <huisinro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Menu can be done. should not be an issue. For now, we follow Microsoft's impl, adding individual apps to the host menu.
>

> I never used VMware Unity mode, does it display the whole xp menu?

1. Please use "text" emails, not HTML emails.
2. You should. Competitive analysis. VMware Workstation 6.5 or 7.x.

> If so, I wonder whether it simply show the menu from the vm?
>  or re-implement the menu using host APIs?
3. It shows full menu from guest encapsulated in it's own custom menu on host.

> any ideas? does it work on Linux host?
4. Yes it works across all supported hosts and guests.

Not sure about "systray". Never looked at that one. Same for "quick launch".

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"