[vbox-dev] Questions about the Host Drivers

Jiaqing Du jiaqing at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 21:41:44 GMT 2010

Hi List,

I just started to read the code. It seems that for a particular OS,
the corresponding host driver consists of two parts: a support driver
and a common binary image. First the support driver is loaded to the
kernel, then the common binary image is loaded from user land to the
kernel and becomes part of the host driver.

My question is that how to manipulate variables and call functions
located in one side while we are in the other side. For instance, I
want to read&write some files in VMCPU from the linux support driver.
Are there any example code snippets in the code repository? Are there
any discussions about the design of this common binary image + support
driver arch?

Thanks,
Jiaqing