[vbox-dev] 3.1.2 GA vboxmouse driver for x11 calculates erroneous mouse coordinates on Linux Lenny (64 bit) with server 1.4.2

Carsten Juttner carjay at gmx.net
Mon Jan 25 19:37:59 GMT 2010

> Hello All,
>
> On Dec 29, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Giovanni Toraldo wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Carsten Juttner <carjay at gmx.net>
>> wrote:
>>> After installing the official ISO guest additions (3.1.2) and starting
>>> gdm/kdm I noticed the mouse wasn't working correctly and seemed
>>> stuck in the
>>> bottom right corner.
>>
>> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/5791
>>
>> Thank you, I updated the ticket with your patch.
>
> Shame, I just noticed your mail now after I investigated the code
> myself!  I  didn't investigate as thoroughly as you did, but I guessed
> that that was where the problem was by comparing the old (pre-3.1.2)
> and new (vboxmouse_15-based) drivers, and I just copied and pasted the
> code from the old driver which also does the scaling manually.  My
> fault for wanting to be too clever in my earlier fix and make working
> code "nicer" by calling the official helper function...

Hello Michael,

no problem, I spent that much time tracking it down since this had me
puzzled quite a bit and I was curious how it came into being.

I guess the Debian maintainers needed this backport to make one of the
other backports work correctly and never thought about how it might
affect third party libs.

Regards,
Carsten