[vbox-dev] PulseAudio support rewrite [Patch]

Arthur Taylor art at ified.ca
Tue Jan 5 08:52:29 GMT 2010

Frank

Thanks for the feedback! The code style change was a force of habit
thing, no problems. Any thoughts on the variable names?

The PA_STREAM_ADJUST_LATENCY stream flag can be selectively enabled
for recent versions by using the PA_API_VERSION define.
PA_STREAM_ADJUST_LATENCY isn't strictly required, without the
functionality there will be an extra latency, but things should still
work fine. If a binary is compiled against a newer version of the
includes it should still work with a pre pulse-0.9.11 userspace as the
server will just ignore the flag. The functions used are not dependent
on that version. I had fun with this in another project because ubuntu
shipped pulse version 0.9.10 for seemingly forever while patches I
wrote used functions from 0.9.11 and newer.

Cheers
-Art