[vbox-dev] Source code for shared folders in Windows guests?

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Sat Jan 2 18:06:45 GMT 2010

Alfred,

On Thursday 31 December 2009, Alfred Krohmer wrote:
> I've been looking for the source code that enables Windows guests to use
> the shared folders provided by the host for the last few days, but I wasn't
> able to find it?! I think the directory for the Windows Guest Additions is
> <VirtualBox-Src>\src\VBox\Additions\WINNT, but in there I can't find any
> peace of code releated with shared folders. Is this a feature that is only
> available in the Closed Source Edition?

unfortunately, yes. The reason is (to my knowledge) that the Windows
shared folders code contains example code of the Microsoft Windows SDK
which we are not allowed to publish.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel