[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 4.0 third party extension build process

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Dec 25 14:54:13 GMT 2010

Achim Hasenmüller wrote:
> We are working on examples. What do you have in mind as an extension pack? This would help to us to determine the kind of example we should build.

Maybe something, which could allow intrested people to bring the USB support to
the OSE version of VBox? IMHO this is a feature, also important for home users
or people just using VBox to do development. A good start may be to port over
the unchanged USB passthrough support of qemu. If changes and improvements are
done, then those fixes could be also offered back to the qemu developers to
allow them to improve their stuff, also.

Yours

Manuel