[vbox-dev] v4.0.0_BETA4 - IVRDEServer - VideoChannel & VideoChannelQuality

Mario Lobo mlobo at digiart.art.br
Mon Dec 20 21:14:05 GMT 2010

On Monday 20 December 2010 10:08:16 Achim Hasenmüller wrote:
> Well, extension packs are separate from VirtualBox and just the fact that
> VirtualBox was updated doesn't necessarily mean that the extension packs
> need an update as well. In fact, it worked perfectly on your system.
>
> We do not have a central repository of extension packs (yet) so we can't
> really do what Firefox does. If the extension pack is not compatible with
> your version of VirtualBox, there will be a notification.
>
> Achim

Forgive me if my question is a lame one.

I am a FreeBSD host user and I have been using VBox by building it from the
ports since it first appeared there.

It is the first time I hear about "extension packs". Also, in the ftp link for
the beta download, there is:

Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.0.0_BETA3-68940.vbox-extpack

Could anyone explain what they are or what are they for? Are they "inside" the
OSE source code we use to build the FreeBSD port from?

Thanks,
--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br