[vbox-dev] v4.0.0_BETA4 - IVRDEServer - VideoChannel & VideoChannelQuality

Achim Hasenmüller achim.hasenmueller at oracle.com
Sat Dec 18 15:10:02 GMT 2010

Joe,

it's now a property of VRDE, just like the rest. It's documented in the SDK manual (which hasn't been uploaded to the server yet). You can list the available VRDE properties using

VBoxManage showvminfo <name>

for any VM that has VRDE enabled. The idea behind VRDE is that other plugins than Oracle's VRDP can be developed. In general, everything shipped as an extension pack should interface with VirtualBox through a generic API and we're trying to make sure VirtualBox is not biased towards Oracle's extension pack.

Achim

On Dec 18, 2010, at 13:16 , Joseph Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Beta4 release, it seems the VideoChannel & VideoChannelQuality elements have been removed from the IVRDEServer object.
>
> The HTML & PDF SDK documentation shows they still present but they are definitely not in the VirtualBox.xidl file.
>

> A diff between Beta3 and Beta4 for that section shows the following:
>
> diff lib/4.0.0_BETA3/VirtualBox.xidl lib/4.0.0_BETA4/VirtualBox.xidl
> 12704c12704
> <     uuid="b5bd49dc-26ef-42b4-ae7a-0c4b734a7653"
> ---
> >     uuid="be24e0db-e1d6-4d58-b85b-21053d1511b4"
> 12734,12745d12733
> <     <attribute name="videoChannel" type="boolean">
> <       <desc>
> <         Flag whether video redirectiron channel is enabled.
> <       </desc>
> <     </attribute>
> <
> <     <attribute name="videoChannelQuality" type="unsigned long">
> <       <desc>
> <         Image quality in percents.
> <       </desc>
> <     </attribute>
> <
>
> Maybe the documentation has not been updated to match ?
>
> Joe

---
Achim Hasenmüller | Director Engineering VirtualBox
Phone: +49 (0) 7151 60405-150
Oracle Virtualization

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstrasse 24 | 71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande