[vbox-dev] (no subject)

Feng, Haitao haitao.feng at intel.com
Thu Dec 16 01:45:56 GMT 2010

Hi Leonid,

Recently I am working on the Xephyr stuff and I think I could return to
VirtualBox when that work is done. I have not changed my email :)

For the OpenGL acceleration, I have discussed it with our graphic
developer at the MeeGo 2010 conference meeting. Personally I think it
might be too tricky to get the fast solution, which draws texture at
host side, work correctly. If I am back, I'd like to focus on the first
solution, which does the off-screen OpenGL rendering and read the pixels
back to guest, and eliminate the un-necessary copies mentioned in our
IRC talking.

Hi Teabag, I have implemented a patch to do the off-screen rendering and
read pixel back to guest based on VirtualBox OSE 3.2.6 source code. It
is a proof of concept and as I said in the wiki, "The performance is
acceptable for development work, while not fast enough to run OpenGL
games." In the future, I'd like to work with upstream developer Leonid
on this to let VirtualBox run MeeGo UX correctly and smoothly.

Thanks
-Haitao