[vbox-dev] (no subject)

Leonid leonid.lobachev at oracle.com
Tue Dec 14 11:32:26 GMT 2010

Teabag Meego <teabagmeego at ...> writes:

> Hello Virtualbox developers,I came across the below in MeeGo wiki
>  The problem of running MeeGo netbook UX inside VirtualBox with GL
acceleration has been root caused. Please refer to
http://vbox.innotek.de/pipermail/vbox-dev/2010-August/003198.html for detailed
information.

>  I have fixed the above problem by applying the same technique used for Xephyr,
>  that is, using an off-screen to render the OpenGL and reading the
> window contents back when necessary. The performance is acceptable for
> development work, while not fast enough to run OpenGL games.
>
>  I have started talking with VirtualBox 3D acceleration developer Leonid
Lobachev on this issue.

> I want to use MeeGo with 3D acceleration on virtualbox. When is it planned to
support it in Virtual BoxThanks.--- On Mon, 12/13/10, Teabag Meego
<teabagmeego at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> From: Teabag Meego
<teabagmeego at rocketmail.com>Subject: To:
vbox-dev at virtualbox.orgDate: Monday, December 13, 2010,
9:04 AM
> http://vbox.innotek.de/pipermail/vbox-dev/2010-August/003198.html

Hi,

Only person I was talking about MeeGo is Feng Haitao, so I'm not sure if you
changed email to Teabag Meego or something.

And as he knows, there're currently some problems which doesn't have a
fast/clear solution.
In particular with XComposite extension there's no way which I'm aware of to
query from an OpenGL driver if a given window was assigned a pixmap via
XCompositeNameWindowPixmap without calling XCompositeNameWindowPixmap itself,
which in turn will create a new pixmap object and make previous one unusable.

In practice that means that Mutter/MeeGo creates some Xwindow XWIN, then creates
offscreen XPM via XCompositeNameWindowPixmap(dpy, XWIN). Both XWIN and XPM are
passed to OpenGL driver via different calls and driver needs some way to
understand that XPM is actually a pixmap associated with XWIN.

Leonid.