[vbox-dev] 4.0 release cycle

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Mon Dec 6 23:55:39 GMT 2010

I am trying to make a decision is we should start porting our app over to
4.0 from the 3.2 series

3.2 debuted June 2009, and we are looking at an 18 month dev cycle to a
production grade release.  It seems there was a lot of core functionality
delivered during the 3.2 series, which takes a lot longer to bake.

When I look at the feature set on 4.0, I don't see the same level core
changes.  It seems to be more focused on fixing some of the usability issues
(like media management).  I would expect this version to stabilize a lot
sooner than the 3.2 series.

Do you agree?

Thanks,

Geoff