[vbox-dev] log all virtualbox actions

Achim Hasenmüller achim.hasenmueller at oracle.com
Thu Aug 19 05:56:35 GMT 2010

On Aug 18, 2010, at 23:04 , Geoff Nordli wrote:

>> Is it possible to get an activity log of all virtualbox actions?
>>
>> I am thinking of machine creation/deletion/settings saved, state changes,
> etc.
>>

> I forgot to add, that I am looking for a "global" view of vbox actions, not
> on a per VM basis.

In your script/application, you have to use IVirtualBox::RegisterCallback:

http://www.virtualbox.org/sdkref/interface_i_virtual_box.html#05552523541510f27ac1c55cfd666366

to register a callback for such events. This can be easily achieved from e.g. Python. Have a look at the VirtualBox Python shell as an example. It's included as vboxshell.py and can also be found here (development version):

http://www.virtualbox.org/browser/trunk/src/VBox/Frontends/VBoxShell

Achim.