[vbox-dev] VM delete problem

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Tue Aug 17 17:30:01 GMT 2010

On 17.08.2010 19:12, DavidW wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use IMachine_deleteSettings to delete a VM, it works sometime, but in
> other cases, the xml config file is not removed after the call, and that
> causes problem. I tried to check IMachine_getSettingsModified after
> IMachine_deleteSettings, I always get false, no matter whether the xml
> config file is removed or not.
>
> Any idea on this?

Yes, the same as usual: check the error code/text, for each and every
API call. If the xml file is still there the API implementation signals
an appropriate error (either because an earlier API call to unregister
the VM failed, or because the file couldn't be deleted).

Never heard of any incorrect behavior in this area.

Note that this is an API area which is being worked on for the next
VirtualBox version. It will be much easier to remove VMs including disks
and everything.

Klaus