[vbox-dev] Exception calling IMachine.getName() through java webservice API

Gerry Egan gerry.egan6 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:34:15 GMT 2010

Nikolay,

Thanks for the reply, I am able to rename that directory and the application
that I am creating is itself creating and modifying virtual machines so I do
not think its a permissions issue. I can create and modify virtual machines
thorough the regular GUI also.

I have since restarted the vboxwebservice process and the problem has gone.
I have seen this in the past however so I it must be something that appears
after a certain amount of time or usage of the webservice.

This is really not critical for me now as i can resolve with a restart and
the application using vbox will not be a production one, however if you have
any more troubleshooting that I could try to find the cause I would be
delighted to try it.

Regards,

Gerry Egan