[vbox-dev] Patch to enable tap network interfaces

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Wed Apr 7 10:28:13 GMT 2010

I have made a patch to allow the use of the 'old' tap mode network
interface in addition to the new bridging mode. The changes are based
entirely on existing VirtualBox code and a lot of existing code could
simply be re-used as-is. The patch will (should) not change the
behaviour of existing/other network interfaces.

The tap interface can be enabled by setting DEFS+=VBOX_WITH_TAP in the
kmk makefiles (I could not find a more specific location for this
define, as the networking code seems to be all over the place).

If applicable, I will hereby release the changes under the MIT license.

Ivo