[vbox-dev] GuestAddtions OSE: VBoxService.exe does not start

S. Brandt sbrandt at gmx.de
Fri Sep 18 18:05:43 GMT 2009

Andreas - Sun Microsystems schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> got the error: It seems that you do not install the Shared Folders
> (correctly), so an internal pipe which gets modified in case of ACL is
> not found; that caused VBoxService to stop responding.
Yes, this may very well be the case.
Thanks a lot - the shared folders did not work, that's right, I rather
thought it was a "not released for OSE" situation ;)
I don't use them anyway, more content with networking.

> I fixed the issue and will send you a private link to a test build so
> that you can verify it as well.
I installed these additions - they work, of course.
I also copied the VBoxService OSE 3.0.6 into it, and it still works.

IIRC, I had the same situation with other PUEL GA - copying the OSE
service into a PUEL GA installation worked.

So, can you tell me how to correctly install the shared folders?

Thanks a lot,
yours,
Sebastian