[vbox-dev] GuestAddtions OSE: VBoxService.exe does not start

Andreas - Sun Microsystems pentagonik at sun.com
Fri Sep 18 12:28:48 GMT 2009

Hi Sebastian,

I just took a quick look into your .nsi sources over at
http://code.google.com/p/virtual-box-windows-guest-additions-installer

AFAICS you're using the information of our VBoxGuest.inf file to install
VBoxService, while our PUEL GA setup does not use this information atm.

Try to change the VBoxService registry keys to the following:

Service Type ("Type", DWORD): 0x10 (SERVICE_WIN32_OWN_PROCESS), decimal = 16
Start Type ("Start", DWORD): 0x2 (SERVICE_AUTO_START)
Load Order Group ("Group", SZ): "Base"

(instead of using the parameters supplied in the VBoxGuest.inf file).

Cheers,
-Andreas.

Service that runs in its own process.