[vbox-dev] sudden host poweroff results inaccessible virtual disks

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 18:13:07 GMT 2009

Hi Frank,

Wonder if you guys can improve the code, if the last footer is corrupt, then pick the copy stored at begining, since each vhd has two copies of the footer.

We use VHD very often, as we are implementing a native boot of physical computer using vhd format, similar to Windows 7's vhd native boot. For linux, we will release it as open source.

Basically, the same vhd disk file, will be able to run inside  a vm, and will run directly to boot a physical computer. The single file acts as a virtual disk if booted from a physical computer. This will make multiple boot extremely easy, as each OS is contained inside a single file.

- Huihong