[vbox-dev] Fwd: VHD not readable by Hyper-V

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 20:40:54 GMT 2009

I found the vhd bug on vbox implementation. vbox mistakenly sets parent locators ("wi2r", etc.) for base vhd image. If setting these fields to zeros for base image, Hyper-V is happy. Should be very easy to fix, if you need the code diff, let me know

VBox The MS spec states:

Parent Locator Entries

These entries store an absolute byte
offset in the file where the parent locator for a differencing hard disk is
stored. This field is used only for differencing disks and should be set to
zero for dynamic disks.