[vbox-dev] VHD not readable by Hyper-V

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Tue Oct 13 08:55:35 GMT 2009

Huihong Luo wrote:
> None of vbox created vhd disk files are readable by 2008 Hyper-V.
>
> This is the error: "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"
>
> I am debugging through the code, trying to change Footer info, such as
> version, creator OS, checksun, etc., to see it can correct the error.
>
> If you know what might be wrong, pls post

We only know what Microsoft documents in their VHD format spec, which we
believe to have correctly implemented. However as usual those specs are
incomplete and not really precise, so there's plenty of room for
different interpretations.