[vbox-dev] mouse capture inside vm for dnd (drop and drop)?

Andreas pentagonik at sun.com
Wed May 13 10:36:40 GMT 2009

Huihong,

maybe you could install a separate mouse hook for doing this? In order
to hide the guest mouse pointer when its outside the guest window we're
using a mouse filter driver (VBoxMouse.sys) to achieve this. There you
could also implement newer functionalities like dragging/dropping
actions (mouse button handling). Then the driver could notify VboxTray
(ring 3, Kernel to User Notification) that something happend like that.

-Andreas.