[vbox-dev] What is a status of MSCOM Automation support?

Grigory Petrov eyeofhell at me.com
Thu May 7 13:42:59 GMT 2009

> Current SVN head do have automation support for Windows, so next major
>VBox release will have it  (or you can build one yourself). Backport to
>2.2.x or earlier is very unlikely, due to major interfaces change.

Thank you for clarification! Is it any timeframe or roadmap available for 2.3 version?

Also, i'm just curious - was my guess about partial OLE implementation in 2.2.x correct? Or i'm missing some important technology details and it was some other reason why python and visual basic was not able to use MSCOM under windows?