[vbox-dev] QT GUI Snapshot Functionality renamed

Antonio Augusto (Mancha) mkhaos7 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 17:03:54 GMT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 07:05, Sander van Leeuwen
<Sander.Vanleeuwen at sun.com> wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> Your proposal is not completely correct either. Consider the following
> cases:
> 1) one snapshot, discard is indeed a merge of the diff image with its parent
> (main disk image)
> 2) multiple snapshots, discard last snapshot is indeed a merge with its
> parent (diff images merged; parent saved state deleted)
> 3) multiple snapshots, discard other (non-last) snapshot merges the image
> diff with its child and deletes the saved state

So, to discard the last snapshot, I've to click on the one BEFORE it,
and click discard?
Honestly, this makes no sense to me :)
Every snapshot should have both options: to discard IT (leaving the
parent untouched) and merge it with parent.

My 2 cents...