[vbox-dev] Problems with new build

André Neves andrechalella at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 04:19:48 GMT 2009

Hi, guys. I just built the latest revision of vbox (#18226) and since
can't load my XP box. Seconds within boot I get the dialog:

> Failed to start the virtual machine Windows XP.
> Unknown error creating VM (VERR_PDM_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND).

I tried to create a new VM and attach it to the XP hard drive, but
when I load it, boot goes into BSOD telling to check for viruses and
chkdsk the hard drive.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I really didn't
have these errors before. Does this ring a bell in anyone's head?

Thanks,
André