[vbox-dev] Can't compile OSE 3.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.5

Robin Green greenrd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:55:38 GMT 2009

2009/7/14 Knut St. Osmundsen <bird at sun.com>

> > So I fixed this by doing what I usually do:
> >
> > kmk VBOX_DEF_MACOSX_VERSION_MIN=10.5
> >

> The above issue can also be solved by adding
> VBOX_MACOS_10_5_WORKAROUND=1 to the environment, kmk command line,
> or LocalConfig.kmk.

That didn't work for me - it tries to build against the Mac OS 10.4 SDK,
which doesn't work because VirtualBox's S3 code assumes a higher version of
libcurl than is actually there (7.13.1). The configure script should prevent
this, but it doesn't because it's not aware of the effect
of VBOX_MACOS_10_5_WORKAROUND. (At least, that's my educated guess at what
went wrong here.)

So anyway, for the record, here's how I got it to build on Mac OS 10.5.

1. Make the change I mentioned in my previous email.
2. Change

[ "$OS" != "darwin"  ] && check_ssl

to just check_ssl

(obviously the comment on the previous line will now longer be true, so I
deleted it.)

3. build with kmk VBOX_DEF_MACOSX_VERSION_MIN=10.5

Hope this is useful to someone, and thanks for your help!

--
Robin