[vbox-dev] Driver 'VBoxHDD' wasn't found!

Stefan Koesling lekanteto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 05:28:41 GMT 2009

Hello all,

I am trying to run run vbox ose (vboxbfe.exe) )wich I build with vc++
express edition with a .vdi file that was created with the closed source
edition.
I get the following error message:

!!Assertion Failed!!
Expression: <none>
Location  : E:\VBox\trunk\src\VBox\VMM\PDMDriver.cpp(594) pdmR3DrvHlp_Attach
Driver 'VBoxHDD' wasn't found!

I tried to debug and found that pDriversNode == null in pdmR3DrvInit(PVM
pVM)
    /*
     * Load the builtin module
     */
    PCFGMNODE pDriversNode = CFGMR3GetChild(CFGMR3GetRoot(pVM),
"PDM/Drivers");

Is my vbox build incomplete? Do you have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thank you for your help,
Stefan