[vbox-dev] Guest additions for FreeBSD guests

Alexander Kabaev kabaev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:52:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

attached patch attempts to nudge VirtualBox just a bit closer to having
functional guest additions on FreeBSD platform. It contains some fixups
to get VBoxGuest driver and VBoxSvc binary to compile and link. I also
created a simple DRM driver for FreeBSD patterned after existing
drivers for Linux and Solaris and tdfx driver in FreeBSD kernel.

The next step would be to make sure that above drivers actually work.
This will be the subject of follow-up patches.

I had to disable vboxvfs driver for now as it needs more work and is
further away from completion.

While here, I also would like to know what FreeBSD guests VirtualBox
would like to support. I am concentrating on FreeBSD 9-current, 8 and 7
and do not plan to do anything special for FreeBSD 6.x. I hope that is
OK.

If you find the patch useful, feel free to integrate the changes under
any license you like.

http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/vbox_1.diff
--
Alexander Kabaev