[vbox-dev] Win7Beta guest won't install with one CPU? [SOLVED]

Sander van Leeuwen Sander.Vanleeuwen at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 11 08:17:25 GMT 2009

I assume you used the wrong guest OS type then. The IO-APIC is enabled
by default for all 64 bits guests.

walt wrote:
> On 08/10/2009 01:00 PM, walt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally got the latest Win7 (64-bit build 7100) installed as a
>> guest on my linux 64-bit machine, but it wasn't simple.
>>
>> The install disc would stop just before the little colored thingys
>> are supposed to start flying around the screen. The Windows boot
>> manager prints an error number 0xc0000225 and halts.
>>
>> Finally, by accident I tried 2 CPU's and everything is installing
>> normally now.
>
> Switching to 2 CPU's forces IO APIC to be set, and that's what made
> the difference.

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Met vriendelijke groet

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Sander van Leeuwen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:Sander.Vanleeuwen at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boehmer