[vbox-dev] sending a file / executing a command on a vbox virtual machine

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 16:29:32 GMT 2009

For remotely executing a command, you can use the vbox guestproperty API. Inside the vm, check out "VBoxControl guestproperty" command.

Basically, the vm waiting for a property that contains a path for execution, and your host set this property. The guest vm launches the program when the guest property arrives.

For file copy/paste, u can try to use a temp folder that's mapped to vm using shared folders. then operate the file.

We have implemented both of these functions internally, feel free if u need more info.