[vbox-dev] sending a file / executing a command on a vbox virtual machine

Lucian Adrian Grijincu lucian.grijincu at rosedu.org
Mon Aug 10 14:42:50 GMT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Robin Green<greenrd at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could just use scp/ssh for that, no?

Yes, that is an option, although we would've liked to limit the number
of dependencies. If everything can done from vbox's API, it's simpler
for us: no need to find out the IP addresses of the guest and such.

Also, there's no need to configure a ssh server on the machine: I had
trouble running some programs through open-ssh over cygwin for some
versions of windows.

An alternative would be for us to write our own daemon and run it on
the guest (and not be bound by cygwin induced bugs), but that's not
really one of our priorities :)

The VIX API vmware exposes such operations and takes these burdens of us.

--
 .
..: Lucian