[vbox-dev] Shared pages

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at sun.com
Tue Apr 21 01:35:39 GMT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 19:54, Antonio Augusto (Mancha) wrote:

> Hey there guys,
>
> Dunno if this is the correct list to post this doubt, but I don't
> think it fits in a user list... so here it goes: does virtual box
> support/use shared pages to reduce memory usage?

Not, it is not yet implemented. The feature was architected a good
while back and will show up eventually.

--

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Vennlig hilsen,
Knut

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Knut St. Osmundsen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:bird at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boehmer