[vbox-dev] Linker error trying to create a new COM interface implementation

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 09:24:22 GMT 2009

Hi!

I'm preparing a patch (some of you are already aware of it) and in
order to do it I need to create a new COM interface and its
implementation. I've created it, but when compiling, it fails at
linking time saying a lot of  "undefined reference to vtable/VTT"
errors. I thought I was doing something wrong in my C++ code, so I
replicated INetworkAdapter  and NetworkAdapter in a new class and it
still gives me the same linker error. I'm clueless about what is the
problem.. there must be something else that I have to do beside
writing the code and adding the interface to the xidl file but I don't
know what it is so please help me! Attached to this email you can find
the patch and the errors.

Thanks in advance,
    Eduardo Robles Elvira.