[vbox-dev] Shared clipboard, overview of host-client -interaction

Jori Mantysalo Jori.Mantysalo at uta.fi
Thu Apr 16 08:04:25 GMT 2009

Hi. I am looking for a way to get shared clipboard to Linux-client
console (for example integrating this to gpm code).

Is there any kind of high level overview about clipboard or host-client
-interaction in general? Interaction in client side must go something like

Special [pseudo]PCI-device -- vboxadd -module -- VBoxClient -daemon -- ?

But how to tell VBoxClient to put something (or, in this case, only
plain text) to clipboard, or how to read host clipboard contents?

xclient, but haven't figured out how things work.

--
Jori Mäntysalo