[vbox-dev] Here are the alternatives to VirtualBox for FreeBSD host machines

Jason Spiro jasonspiro2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:10:10 GMT 2008

2008/10/6 Klaus Espenlaub <Klaus.Espenlaub at sun.com> wrote:
> You can forget about running VirtualBox in Linux compatibility mode. The
> driver won't work.

If you insist on using FreeBSD as a host OS for virtualization, you
can use qemu + kqemu.  See http://wiki.freebsd.org/qemu .  Or you can
can use certain old versions of VMware Workstation.  See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/virtualization-host.html
.

Or just get rid of FreeBSD, install Linux, and use that as a host OS.  :)

--
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, trainer, IT consultant. I support
Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.
613-668-6096 / info at jspiro.com