[vbox-dev] Okay, now what?

Desmond Chapman que_deseja at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:38:39 GMT 2008

Successfully generated '/usr/home/moleque/VirtualBox-2.0.0/AutoConfig.kmk' and '/usr/home/moleque/VirtualBox-2.0.0/env.sh'.
Source '/usr/home/moleque/VirtualBox-2.0.0/env.sh' once before you start to build VBox:

  source /usr/home/moleque/VirtualBox-2.0.0/env.sh
  kmk

  +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++
  Hardening is enabled which means that the VBox binaries will not run from
  the binary directory. The binaries have to be installed suid root and some
  more prerequisites have to be fulfilled which is normally done by installing
  the final package. For development, the hardening feature can be disabled
  by specifying the --disable-hardening parameter. Please never disable that
  feature for the final distribution!
  +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++

Enjoy!
#

I believe Linux emulation is at kernel 2.4.x while the kernel is = & > 2.6.18. The only project I know of that may have an updated linux kernel is the Debian kFReeBSD one. Am I to run the build and Vbox as a Linux emulated process or as a FreeBSD native binary? I'm aware that Vbox uses some qemu instructions. In that area, I've had some trouble using qemu on Amd64. Will I need to make the qemu more stable on myfreebsd-box or is that part of the build already stable within the vbox binaries?
Back to the config, is it ready to build now and how?