[vbox-dev] Updating the FAQ?

Amit k. Saha amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 03:13:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Klaus Espenlaub <Klaus.Espenlaub at sun.com> wrote:
> Amit k. Saha wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there any way I can update the FAQ? I would like to add at least
>> one new Q and its A.
>>
>> How to go about it?
>
> Quite easy. Just mail them here and we'll pick up anything which is
> verified to be correct. Let us know if you want the FAQ item to be
> attributed to you or not.

Here it is:

Q: Where is my VirtualBox Guest Additions ISO?

In the user manual, installing the guest additions is well documented.
However, where do you get the guest additions ISO?

On Linux it lives in /usr/share/virtualbox (provided you have
installed it to the standard locations)

PS: Guest additions provide a lot of value addition to your guests.
So, if you are looking to do anything serious, go ahead and install
them. I have installed the guest additions for Windows XP and Solaris.
Works like charm.

I would like the attribution as follows:

Attribution: Amit Saha (http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com)

Hope the FAQ makes it.

Best,
Amit