[vbox-dev] Auto start VM as Windows service

Jason Spiro jasonspiro2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:53:59 GMT 2008

2008/11/26 Mathias Herrmann <mherrmann at assetive.com> wrote:

> I am exited to find another developer experimenting on the issue of running
> serviced vms on windows hosts. Maybe you have read about my project
> VBoxVmService, which aims in a similar direction but is way more fragmented
> than your approach. If you are thinking about any further development of
> your code, I believe it would be a great idea to team up our resources
> instead of bringing up two parallel tools for the same purpose.
>
> You can get into contact with me via email or via the virtualbox forums
> (forums.virtualbox.org). My username there is "mattz".

It would be better if you talk on the forums instead of by private
mail so others can see your code and discussion and add their
thoughts.  If you do end up talking on the forums, please send the
list a link to your forum thread.  :)

Plus, the forum can alert you whenever someone replies to a message
you wrote.  To enable this, visit
    http://forums.virtualbox.org/profile.php?mode=editprofile
then enable the "Always notify me of replies" option.

Or why not simply discuss the software here on the list instead?