[vbox-dev] What's the emulated hardware in virtualbox?

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 31 09:24:25 GMT 2008

David wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would want to have a list of all emulated hardware in virtualbox, but
> i don't seem to see anywhere. I am presently scanning your source code
> so I can find it, but i found that is it not enough shown on the web site.

There is no such document because depending on how you configure the VM,
the visible hardware can be quite different. E.g. there are 3 network
card models (from two different vendors), and two sound card models.
ACPI and IOAPIC can be disabled, and there are two USB controllers (OHCI
and EHCI). Additionally the IDE controller can be configured for PIIX3
or PIIX4 and so on. So your simple question has no simple answer.