[vbox-dev] Help building VBox on WinXP - understanding toolchain

Doug biteme at bitbasher.net
Wed Mar 26 07:32:06 GMT 2008

Well I was able to build the QT stuff, but the results to NOT match what vbox
configure.vbs is looking for.

Sbox is looking for a few files.  Some are found and some are NOT, like:
   lib/dynamic/qtmain.lib
   lib/dynamic/qt-mt33*.lib

The qt library I built does NOT contain the dynamic folder in lib.  Also, I do
not have a qt-mt33*.lib file, just a qt-mt3.lib file in the lib parent folder.

I'm not sure what weird version of QT the Innotek was using, but the one I
downloaded and built does NOT match the requirements of vbox's configure.vbs
file.  I'm not sure if editing the vbs file will help or if the qt version I
downloaded is NOT compatible with vbox.

Any sugestions?
Thanks,
Doug.

In article <fscoej$5e2$1 at ger.gmane.org>,
biteme at bitbasher.net says...

>Heya thanks for that link!  I'll download and try it out.
>
>It looks like I have to first compile QT/win before I can use it as a tool
for
>VBox, but the QT build instructions don't look too weird.  Hopefully this
will
>work.
>
>I'm going to try out qt 3.3.5-5 as it seems about the right time.  If you've
>got this to work and if you used a different qt version please let me know
>just in case 3.3.5-5 doesn't work well.
>
>Thanks!!!
>Doug.
>

>In article <47E8BC6A.80308 at sun.com>,