[vbox-dev] Starting the virtual machine 0%

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:58:28 GMT 2008

Hello Dmitry,
OK - I have solved that problem.
For some strange reason, after I disabled the audio
and reset the audio device to ALSA, the machine booted.
I proceeded to upgrade the extarnal raw disk which has
FC 7 - i386 to FC 8 i386.
It has been 16 hours since the installation
issued the banner:
"Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation"

These packages were apparently selected automatically, as I did not
explicitly select any packages. I simply selected from the
Anaconda installer to upgrade current system, instead of a fresh
install.

Now, after 16 hours, I still see the banner
"Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation"
with the progress bar almost 99.999% done - there is only a hair
of "grey" space left in the progress bar. But it will not finish.

How can I debug this to see why it is stuck this way?

Also, vbox, even though the guest OS is'nt proceeding anymore in the
installation - is consuming 86% of cpu.
How can a VM in which the  guest OS has come to what appears to be
either a hang or a halt - consume 86% of CPU?

So, I got another stack trace of all threads attached.

Thanx,

JD