[vbox-dev] Webservice connection under perl

James Lucas jimmy at secsme.org.au
Sat Dec 20 23:52:36 GMT 2008

Frank suggested I moved some of my Virtual Box management scripts to using the
API instead of using VBoxManage for querying information about individual
machines. I've followed all of the documentation (including generating the
vboxService.pm file) in the SDK however I have the following issue.

When running the perl clienttest.pl file provided by the SDK the vboxwebsrv
throws a error "SOAP FAULT: Method 'namesp1:IWebsessionManager_logon' not
implemented: method name or namespace not recognized [SOAP-ENV:Client]"

Web service authentication is set to null for testing. Using the distribution
provided program 'webtest' I know that the vboxwebsrv is working.

Has anyone encountered this? If anyone has the perl clienttest working can you
please let me know if the SOAP generated is different from what I have below.
(SOAP requests can be dumped using [ use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug'; ] in
clienttest.

The SOAP generated is:

[root at artemis1 samples]# ./clienttest.pl
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST http://localhost:18083/
HTTP/1.1
Accept: text/xml
Accept: multipart/*
Accept: application/soap
SOAPAction: ""

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope
xmlns:namesp1="http://www.virtualbox.org/Service"
soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:interface="urn:vbox" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:vbox="http://www.virtualbox.org/"><soap:Body><namesp1:IWebsessionManager_logon><username
xsi:type="xsd:string">test</username><password
xsi:type="xsd:string">test</password></namesp1:IWebsessionManager_logon></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Connection: close
Server: gSOAP/2.7
Client-Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:42:23 GMT
Client-Peer: 127.0.0.1:18083
Client-Response-Num: 1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:vbox="http://www.virtualbox.org/"><SOAP-ENV:Body
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Method
'namesp1:IWebsessionManager_logon' not implemented: method name or namespace
not
recognized</faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
[clienttest] Logon to session manager with user "test" and password "test"
failed.
Stopped at ./clienttest.pl line 79.

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If