[vbox-dev] 1.6.2 OSE: Host CD/DVD ROM drive not available in VM Settings

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 14 07:40:51 GMT 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008, Jari Aalto wrote:
> Select VM:
>
>     Settings => CD/DVD-ROM
>     [x] Host CD/DVD Drive [pulldown menu]
>
> The [pulldown menu] does not list any devices. The Hosts (udev) can
> mount/umount the device /dev/scd0 fine. Kernel is 2.6.25-2-amd64, CPU
> is AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2400.
>
> Is this a bug in 1.6.2 or something obvious that I don't notice to
> setup? See more details in the Debian bug report if needed:
>
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=495035

Nothing obvious.

Please could you open a bug report at our public bugtracker. Sorry,
I've seen your Debian bug but it is easier for us to follow the
discussion.

After opening the bug report make sure you attach the output of
{{{
lshal
}}}
at host to the bug report. Please attach, don't copy'n'paste.

Thanks,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert    Sun Microsystems    http://www.sun.com/