[vbox-dev] SVN Trunk does not build on OS X

Mike Martin mmartin at moka5.com
Wed Aug 13 17:49:19 GMT 2008

On Wed 8/13/2008 6:38 AM, Frank Mehnert wrote:
>On Monday 11 August 2008, Mike Martin wrote:
>> Recent changes to src/VBox/Main/darwin/iokit.cpp have broken the SVN build.
>
>Some of my colleagues fixed this problem yesterday though I cannot
>test it. Please complain if the current SVN still doesn't build for you.

iokit now compiles. However, SVN as a whole still doesn't build, as src/VBox/HostDrivers/Makefile.kmk still has these lines:

if1of ($(KBUILD_TARGET), darwin)
 include $(PATH_SUB_CURRENT)/VBoxNetFlt/Makefile.kmk
endif

VBox/HostDrivers/VBoxNetFlt doesn't exist in the OSE version. This is right underneath a block of code that only applies given VBOX_WITH_USB; is this possibly another case of only working with USB support, and there's an endif in the wrong place?

>Note that the Log macro is normally used with two parentheses (for
>example, Log(("foo")). AFAIR the reason is to make passing varargs in
>macros compatible between MSC and gcc.

That sounds reasonable. I'd been concerned that the definition for DARWIN_IOKIT_LOG was occasionally "Log(a)" and occasionally "RTPrintf a", but actually running it through the preprocessor seems to show that Log itself is a macro too.

--Michael