[vbox-dev] FreeBSD VirtualBox patch

Frank Mehnert frank at innotek.de
Wed Sep 19 14:17:56 GMT 2007

Hi Matt,

On Wednesday 19 September 2007, Matt wrote:
> > Just checking the change to the configure script. Which test fails on
> > your box if you don't pass -I/usr/local/include and -L/usr/lib to gcc
> > in test_compile? I wonder if we have to add these directories to
> > AutoConfig.kmk as well...
> >
> On my FreeBSD configure attempts, xalan and xerces are not found
> properly without patching configure with /usr/local/include and
> /usr/local/lib.  I would assume that things like libIDL, SDL and Qt
> may also have that problem since they are in the /usr/local hierarchy
> as well.

Ok, I added /usr/local to the search path of xalan and xerces. If SDL
resides there then it should be found if /usr/local/bin is inside the
path (configure calls sdl-config).

Does it work for you now? (don't forget 'svn update')

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert    innotek GmbH, http://www.innotek.de