[vbox-dev] building and running VirtualBox on Mac OS X

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at innotek.de
Mon Sep 3 17:16:31 GMT 2007

Egor Egorov wrote:
> On 3 sep. 2007, at 18:58, Knut St. Osmundsen wrote:
>
> Okay, now compilation goes flawlessly, but still if fails to boot
> Windows - it segfaults right after windows splash screen. Are you
> interested in debug info?

That's a bit weird, it works pretty smoothly here. I just successfully
booted windows xp and redhat enterprise linux 4 here.

A gdb backtrace could be helpful, especially from an unoptimized build
(kmk BUILD_TYPE=debug && cd
out/darwin.x86/debug/dist/VirtualBox/Content/MacOS/ && gdb --args
./VBoxBFE .... ).

>> Yes, we use stock gcc for almost everything (btw. make sure it's a
>> relatively recent gcc/as/ld combo). There is one place where we
>> have to
>> use i386-elf-gcc and that's in src/recompiler (op.c).
>
> Everything is the latest, I believe:
>
> gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)
> Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-622.5.obj~13, GNU assembler
> version 1.38

That's the same as I'm using here.

Kind Regards,
  knut