[vbox-dev] "Bug" on Virtualbox 1.5 with Via C7 CPU: Can't run XP guest

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at innotek.de
Sun Oct 14 10:33:59 GMT 2007

David Losada Gacio wrote:
> Yes, I'm capable and willing to do the necessary tests (I would like
> to use Virtualdub instead of vmware althought it is a little slower;
> it is open source). I haven't tried vmware yet on this machine; I
> don't know if there is any way to know what CPUID/eax passes vmware to
> the XP installer...
>
> I will test to compile from svn now. Please let me know when you make
> any change.

Excellent. I've made an attempt at implementing the centaur / via CPUIDs
(http://www.virtualbox.org/changeset/5285). I hope it will make XP
happy. Whether it works on not, I would like to see the Centaur CPUID
section from VBox.log as I'm a bit curious about the parts I didn't find
documentation for.

Kind Regards,
  knut

PS. Let me know if you've got troubles building it and I'll try make you
a build.