[vbox-dev] A few questions

Frank Mehnert frank at innotek.de
Tue Nov 13 13:47:17 GMT 2007

Hi Crhis,

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Chris Cook wrote:
> 1. Is the configure script auto-generated from anything? Ive been
> experimenting with separating the checking functions to separate
> files, in order to make the script shorter and more understandable.
> The code for the checks currently take up over 2/3 rds of the
> configure file. Is this of any interest as a patch?

The script is not auto-generated. We are aware of autoconf but we
decided to use a simple shell script without any other dependency
to check for installed packages. I would not like to split the file
since I prefer to have exactly one file. If the detection mechanism
does not work for your host we can talk about fixing the issue. But
please keep

  http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Contributor_information

in mind.

Kind regards,