[vbox-dev] A few questions

Chris Cook chris.cook10 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:59:47 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding the vbox code-base that I haven't
been able to find answers for on google/the
website/mailing-list/forum/wiki etc.

1. Is the configure script auto-generated from anything? Ive been
experimenting with separating the checking functions to separate
files, in order to make the script shorter and more understandable.
The code for the checks currently take up over 2/3 rds of the
configure file. Is this of any interest as a patch?

2. Is the .vdi format documented anywhere, or is the code itself the only docs?

3. The file /vbox/src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/include/QIApplication.h
makes a reference to "A special hack in qeventloop_mac.cpp", This file
is not in the svn repository, so Im guessing its the file from Qt3.
Does anyone have any ideas what the "hack" looks like?

Thats all for now, thanks for your time,

Chris