[vbox-dev] Porting guest additions to Syllable

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:22:57 GMT 2007

On 7/16/07, Turki Al-Marri <turki.almarri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First, let me thank you for this great product and congratulate you on
> having Syllable 0.64, a new free open-source pure desktop system (no
> terminals), working on your VM without any problems or special
> configuration. Congratulations!
>
> Now my questions are:
> 1) Where can we find documentation about guest additions so that it
> could be ported to Syllable?
> 2) Will it be simple or a lot of work?
> 3) And can it be done partially (eg. just shared folders)?
> 4) How much does it integrate with the system? Is it a matter of
> drivers and daemons or is there more?
>
> PS: Here is Syllable's homepage: www.syllable.org. You'll find it
> interesting ;-)

WOOW ! It's nice to have such a positive feedback from you, but (!)
according to this page, Syllable doesn't works on VirtualBox at all:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Guest_OSes
I have tested: "Syllable-0.6.1-basic.iso" under VirtualBox 1.3.x.
several months ago. (without luck) - if you have had positive
experience we should fix that page.

Since VBox is modular, I guess you could port "some" guest additions.

--
-"Technologov"